Tarkett Luxury Floors Care & Maintenance
Protect the investment you made by following these basic steps immediately after installing your Tarkett Luxury Flooring:
- When moving heavy furniture or appliances, do not slide directly over your floor. Place plywood or hardboard panels on floor when moving furniture or appliances.
- Do not wash floor for 48 hours after installation.
- Maintain post installation temperature between 55°F and 100°F. Maintain relative humidity between 40% and 70%.
Basic Floor Protection
- Moving furniture and appliances may cause scratches or indentations in your new floor. Make sure furniture and appliances are equipped with proper, non-staining rests, glides or casters.
- High heeled shoes can cause permanent damage to many types of flooring, including tile and plank. Repeated exposure to direct sunlight may cause fading or discoloration. Close drapes or blinds to block direct sunlight.
- The use of non-staining, latex-backed mats at entryways is helpful in removing grit that may abrade or scratch your floor. Caution: Discoloration can occur from rubber backings and dyes used in floor mats and rugs. Floor paints and driveway sealers can also permanently discolor your floor.
- Home appliances such as refrigerators and heating system air ducts emit a direct flow of heat that, if not controlled, can exceed 120°F. This condition may cause discoloration over time. Forcedair heating system dampers should be adjusted to control outlet temperature to a maximum 100°F. Cigarettes, matches and other hot objects dropped on the floor can also cause permanent damage.
Tarkett Luxury Flooring is easy to clean and maintain. For day-today maintenance, the following are some simple steps that will help keep your new floor looking great:
- Sweep or vacuum* regularly to remove dirt and grit that may abrade or scratch your new floor.
- Wipe up spills promptly and thoroughly with a damp cloth or mop.
- After a period of time, it may be necessary to wash the floor with Tarkett SureShine® Floor with Cleaner or equal neutral floor cleaner. Follow the detailed instructions in the CPP.
- Do not use dishwashing detergent. Any detergent film left on the floor can hold tracked-in dirt and leave the surface with a dull, cloudy appearance.
- In time, high traffic areas may begin to show a reduction in gloss. If this occurs, thoroughly clean and dry the floor and apply a light coat of Tarkett SureShine® Floor Polish. Pour the polish into a shallow pan. Using a clean, damp sponge mop, spread evenly in one direction to insure uniform application. Polish dries in 20-30 minutes. If more than one coat is desired, be sure to let each coat dry completely before applying another.
*Do not use beater bars on any vacuums to avoid damage