Tarkett Laminate Care & Maintenance
Protect the investment you made by following these basic steps immediately after installing your Tarkett Laminate:
- Remove and sweep up all installation debris.
- Never slide heavy furniture or appliances directly across laminate flooring. Place sheets of plywood over laminate when moving heavy furniture or appliances into position.
- Maintain post installation temperature between 55º F and 100º F. Maintain relative humidity between 40% and 70%.
- Do not slide heavy objects across the floor.
- Use smooth, hard plastic or metal furniture rests or glides under frequently moved furniture to avoid scratches and indentations. Do not use felt pads. Periodically inspect the bottom of the floor protectors for dirt and debris that can damage the floor.
- Rolling casters on portable appliances, dishwashers, microwave carts, etc. may cause damage to laminate floors. Use caution when moving these items on laminate flooring. If using casters make sure they are recommended for resilient surfaces. Protective plastic mats are recommended under frequently moved furniture with castors, such as desk chairs.
- Repeated exposure to direct sunlight may cause fading or discoloration. Close drapes or blinds to block direct sunlight during peak hours.
- The use of non-staining, latex-backed mats or rugs at entryways is helpful in removing grit that may abrade or scratch your floor. Caution: Discoloration can occur from rubber backings and dyes used in floor mats and rugs. Floor paints and driveway sealers can also permanently discolor your floor
Tarkett Laminate is easy to clean and maintain. For day-to-day maintenance, the following are some simple steps that will help keep your new floor looking great:
- Sweep or vacuum* regularly to remove dirt and debris that may cause scratches or dull the finish of your new floor.
- Clean up all spills immediately with a damp cloth. Do not allow liquids to remain on laminate flooring.
- After a period of time, it may be necessary to wash the floor with Tarkett SureShine® Floor with Cleaner or equal neutral pH floor cleaner. Follow the detailed instructions in the CPP.
- Do not flood the laminate floor with water or put water or any other liquids directly on the floor. Excessive water will damage your floor, resulting in peaked edges, warping, swelling and delamination.
- Do not use soap or oil based cleaning products. Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder.
- Do not wax or polish laminate flooring. Do not dry buff or burnish laminate flooring.
- For tough spots or stains such as oil, paint, markers, lipstick or similar, use nail polish remover or acetone† on a clean white cloth. Do not pour liquid directly on the floor. For hard to remove items such as chewing gum or candle wax, freeze the item with ice, then carefully scrape off with a plastic spatula.
*Do not use beater bars on any vacuums to avoid damage
† Use caution when handling flammable liquids